Monday, January 02, 2006

Weekly summary - 15 weeks to go

I often end up feeling more tired during a week off work, with all the extra activity (and driving!), but I felt a little more in control this week. Despite the coldest spell for years - a day time max of -2 midweek, I felt on top of things, resulting in one of my highest weekly totals. I did get some soreness in my left adductors - no doubt due to all the running on the righthand side of highly cambered country lanes - but my legs soon recovered.

Stubbington 10k next weekend, so a bit of a cut-back mini-taper next week.

Monday10 miles6 a.m. 4 p.m.A little hungover for the morning session!
Tuesday9.0 milesTempo run - 3 miles at 7:40ish, last mile 7:41, 149bpm 86%MHRVery icy - quite an effort to stay on pace
Wednesday12.5 milesslow run over hilly terrainFelt good, but got a touch of stitch
Thursday4.9 milesEasy recoveryVery cold -3C
Friday10.2 milesSlow run 64%MHRFeeling tired after 4 hour drive
Saturday5 milesEasy recoveryEarly morning pre-breakfast - hungry!
Sunday18 milesLong run over 300ft hill 9:35/mile 121bpm 70%MHRA little tired but enjoyed the long downhill section at 7:30/mile
Total69.6 miles  

No comments: