Friday, January 20, 2006

Mr Pig presents...

Hi, Mr Pig here again continuing the tradition of blogging Susie's new gear. This time it's a double whammy gear blog: Adidas Swoop cross country shoes, and on my head the Petzl Myolite 3 head torch.
Mr Pig presents the Adidas Swoop and Petzl Myolite 3
Over to Susie for the news:

I had another run tonight with the head torch. It's really opening up my options on night time running routes. I can run the dark lanes, and even do some off-road routes. The 3 LEDs provide plenty of light to run by, and give over 100 hours of battery life. The halogen bulb has only 3 hours life, so is really only for brief 'problem solving' moments when you need extra light. I discovered another use for the halogen bulb tonight: when you get dazzled by a car coming at you with its lights on full beam, with a flick of a switch you can flash the driver to express your concern. It works a treat. Respect!

I'm blogging the shoes tonight as it's the last time they'll be pristine. I'm trying them out in the park tomorrow. I bought them for the Meon Valley Plod in a month's time. I hope they'll be OK for 20 miles. I'm not sure how much off-road mileage I'll be able to do before then: I do some off-road but rarely do I do runs that are entirely off-road, and these shoes are no good for road running - they're serious off-roaders! Mud, mud, mud, here we come!

No comments: