Friday, January 27, 2006

20 miles - and snow?!!!

Some firsts for me today: my first ever weekday 20-miler, my first ever afternoon 20-miler, and my first ever 20-miler in snow. I'm knackered - there's no way I'm ever running 60 miles in one day again!

Actually they were all the same run - I'm messing with you!

You knew that, right?



I've decided to do the Manor Farm cross country event on Sunday, as we're short of a team. I didn't want to miss my 20-miler so I moved it to today. As I didn't fancy running 20 miles in the evening I took the afternoon off work. How's that for devotion to the team?

I had a shock at 14 miles when it started to snow! I wasn't exactly dressed for it - no waterproof layer. Fortunately it was just a quick shower and I soon dried out.

After some tough midweek runs I was certainly tired. I probably didn't have enough time to get the carbs back on board. The last few miles weren't particularly comfortable. When I finally finished it was with a real sense of achievement.

20 miles done - plan continues.

No comments: