Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekly summary - 13 weeks to go

My biggest mileage week ever! The Sunday run went OK in the end, after the niggles from the New Balance 1060s that I talked about in my previous post. This was also the toughest 20-miler I've done - I tackled the tough north face of Portsdown Hill up the fearsome Pigeonhouse Lane (I like to sound heroic!). I then had a 3-mile downhill run, only broken briefly by being interrogated by the police about the whereabouts of "A 6'2'' middle-aged man with dark hair in a confused state". At least the police officer kept pace with me in the police car. I kept my answer to a straight "no" and resisted the temptation to ask if hair in a confused state is one of those modern messy hair styles.

Monday5 milesEasy recovery 
Tuesday9 milessteady club run 
Wednesday14.2 milesslow run 9:30/mile 117bpm 68%MHRGetting used to this big midweek run, but yesterday was easier than usual
Thursday5.5 milesSlowish recoveryJogged the club mile reps session
Friday12 milesSlow runOff road with a head torch - fun!
Saturday5 milesEasy recovery 
Sunday20 milesSlow run 9:20/mile 122bpm 71%MHRVery pleased with the pace, considering it included a 300ft climb/descent
Total70.7 miles  

No comments: