Wednesday, January 25, 2006

True Grit

Have you ever been overtaken by a gritting lorry? Ouch!

After last night's hard effort, tonight was always going to be quite tough, but with just a few minor dramas it all went rather well.

After the aforementioned gritter, which passed me later, less painfully, on the other side of the road, I turned onto a local trail. I trod in a huge pile of poo that my headtorch had failed to illuminate. I continued on under-turd...

Towards the end of the run, out the corner of my eye I caught site of what I thought was a cat sitting on top of the wall. I turned to look at it and nearly jumped out of my skin: it was a human head! I should perhaps point out that it was a live human head, presumably with childs body attached, hidden behind the wall, but even so...

14 miles done. Plan continues...

1 comment:

XFR Bear said...

What can I say - you showed true grit :o)

Grit happens?