Monday, March 14, 2005

Weekly summary - 6 weeks to go

Oh dear! I have a stomach bug, which, as I write this, has flared up again, and given me nearly 24 hours of the worst diarrhoea I've endured since Salmonella 10 years ago. I tried a Sunday run, cut it short as I ran out of steam (fasting 2 days earlier!), and then a few hours later all hell broke loose. I await tests, but the doctor thinks that it's probably a virus that's been doing the rounds. I may already be over the virus (I've had it 9 days), but my innards are so inflamed, they get irritated easily by poor food choices, eg my Saturday night pizza! I guess trying a Sunday run may have affected my gut too, with all the bouncing, but I actually felt strong until I just ran out of fuel at 7 miles.

A few days of rest is called for - I hope I don't lose too much more running or this will start to affect my marathon chances (if it hasn't already!).

DayMilesa.m.p.m.Comment
MondayRest  Feeling sick!
TuesdayRest  Diarrhoea
Wednesday4 Easy paceRun ended with stomach pain and diarrhoea
Thursday2.5 Easy paceRun ended with stomach pain again
FridayRest  24 hour fasting
Saturday5.6Easy pace Had breakfast, felt OK, went for a run. Felt OK!
Sunday7.6Easy pace 75%MHR Ran out of energy, so stopped short. Run followed by extreme diarrhoea
Total19.7 miles

No comments: