Friday, July 01, 2005

Back a bit better

I ran 5 miles tonight. Not much, but it's the first since my last post. 2 whole days of rest!

I had physio on Wednesday. I'd pulled a muscle in the middle of my back, and my spine had locked solid causing pain further down. At first the physio seemed to make things worse, but gradually things started to settle down. Today, I finally stopped walking like John Wayne, so tried a run. Apart from a sore hip (maybe from the physio - ouch!) I was running freely with none of the stiffness earlier in the week.

One thing I've noticed is how tired I've felt the last few days, like I was coming down with something. I suspect I may have overdone things last week and my back couldn't recover between runs?

Whatever the reason for this episode, hopefully I'm now back on track.

1 comment:

beanz said...

good news:>)