Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekly summary - 12 weeks to go

A recovery week, but it didn't feel that easy as I had the week off work and so didn't have much chance to get some decent rest! Why do my non-work weeks always seem so tough? I'm sure I've had less sleep than a normal work week too! How come?

The main feature of this week was the extreme heat. Due to my various family and social activities of the week, I was rarely able to keep out of the heat and often ran during the heat of the day. My Saturday long run was particularly uncomfortable. Looks like I should get a few days now of cloud cover, so hopefully can start to feel a bit more comfortable.

I should now be feeling fresh, but I'm not. I confess I'm not looking forward to next week, which is quite a high mileage week - over 60 miles. If I can get through the planned mileage, it will be my highest mileage week ever. I have some sore muscles, but (hopefully) nothing too serious. I hope I can keep the motivation going!

Monday0 milesGym session - weights, rowing, cross trainer, cycle 
Tuesday12.5 milesSlow run 
Wednesday5 milesEasy recovery 
Thursday10 milessteady runHot - felt really tired after a long drive back from family
Friday5 milesEasy recovery 
Saturday14 milesSlow runForced to run in the heat of the day - ouch!
SundayRest Rest, but my second late night in a row, plus alcohol!!
Total46.5 miles  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you need a booster, Susie!
It's hard work running in the hot weather but things are turning cooler now so you'll be fine upping that mileage.
I'm sure 60+ miles in cooler conditions won't feel (much) harder than 46 in the heat...

Just think about how much I'd love to run those miles if things get tough ;-)

Windsurfin' Susie said...

Cheers Imski,
I hope your foot gets better soon!