Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A new high

13.5 miles tonight, which is a new first: the longest mid-week run so far as part of a normal week with a long weekend run. This is after a hard 8 mile tempo run yesterday, which made the last few miles tonight really tough, but I'm glad I managed it, particularly after what happened last week!

I felt tonight warranted a nice bath, sorry, an ice bath. Trouble is, I can't get the water cold enough! The only ice was the contents of my fridges ice box - about 4kg. Being the summer, the temperature of the water from the tank in the roof is not that cold, unlike in winter. Add this to the fact that I didn't have time to run my ice machine, unlike at the weekend when I can sometimes get a whole cool box of ice from a day's ice machine activity, and it all adds up to a bath of a mere 14 degrees. Positively balmy! I think it still has some effect, but I'm going to have to figure out how to get my bath colder!

No comments: