Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekly summary - 13 weeks to go

Another mixed bag of a week. I started off feeling great, but got hit by a stomach bug mid-week. 24 hours of feeling crap, 24 hours of getting my strength back, and I was OK again.

I delayed my long run till Sunday (I've been tending to do them on Saturdays) to make sure I was fully recovered. The result: what a great run! I did 21 miles - my longest training run ever. I set out at 6:40am (yes!! - 6:40am!!) so that I could run 8 miles to meet up with my friends for their usual 7.5-mile run. It was a beautiful run along South Downs footpaths, if a little tasking for the middle miles of a 20-miler. I was a little concerned that I was then 8 miles from home having already run over 15 miles, but an extra mile over the 20, and a lift back from a friend's house and it was job done. I can't believe how good I felt in the last few miles (if a little hot)!

It's going well. I hope I don't regret saying that!

Monday8 milesTempo run - middle 3 miles at 85%maxHRGot up at 6am - first ever work session that early
Tuesday13.5 milesSlow runFelt OK so soon after a work session
WednesdayRest Bad diarrhoea & fever!
ThursdayRest Feeling better but still recovering
Friday10 milesSlow run 70%MHRBit tired but OK
Saturday5 milesEasy recovery 66%MHR 
Sunday21 milesSlowV hot, but started early so not too bad
Total57.5 miles  

No comments: