Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Weekly summary - 1 week to go

Not a bad week leg-wise. I kept the shin splints under control and had a great Bells of Pattingham run - a real confidence booster.

The shin splints seem to have subsided but I've been worried today (Tuesday 17th) as the needle-like tingling has reappeared - I'm getting mild pain walking, but my physio didn't think there was anything worse than tight muscles. I think this is nerve damage aggravated by me poking around trying to ease the tightness causing the shin splints, but I can't be sure. I'm taking a rest day and I'll see how it goes - the priority is recovery now!

Monday5.7 milesam: easy run pm: massageleg OK but minor twinge
Tuesday10.5 milesam: 4 easy pm: 6.5 miles fartlek: 3*5min of marathon paceLeg feeling sore again - shin splints from tightness at origin of soleus. V tight VMO - maybe triggering the shin splints?
Wednesday10 milespm:steady run 8:25/mile 119bpmFeeling better - shin OK after some serious ice massage on Tuesday night
Thursday9.3 milesam: 3.7 miles easy pm: 5.6 miles 5*750m 6:40-7:00/mile 500m jog recover 147bpm maxLeg OK, but sore afterwards
Friday5.6 milesam: easy run 9:15/mileStill shin splint soreness afterwards
Saturday5.4 milesam: easy run on grassLeg feeling better - grass helps
Sunday9.5 milesBells of PattinghamLeg felt OK!
Total56 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie,

It's been a while since I posted a comment but I'm still keeping an eye on your progress (or I'm still cyber-stalking, it's how you want to look at it :-)

Hope the nerves (in all senses of the word) settle down and you have a good one on Sunday.