Thursday, October 05, 2006

Injury update

Thanks for all the comments wishing me well!

I ran 5 miles last night and 4 miles this morning, and things are looking better. I'm still getting some soreness on the side of my leg, but no twinges since Tuesday. I also was getting some bone soreness around the lower shin, but it came and went during the run and wasn't sore afterwards, which makes me think it is also a nerve problem, ie the end of the same nerve which has been damaged on the side of my leg.

I'm now wondering if I could have carried on running through this, but there was definitely a muscular problem and who knows what might have happened if I'd run a 20-miler. I do think I could have run Tuesday night, but 1 run isn't going to make a difference.

My HR seemed a little high for the pace I was running, but I'm sure that will recover in a few days. I definitely feel you lose fitness in only 3 days. I know some will happily take 3 rest days before a marathon - that's not the sort of taper I would like to do!

I haven't posted last week's summary yet. When I'm moping around injured I'm not exactly the most motivated of people!

(but my productivity at work is unaffected if any colleagues are reading this!)

Feeling better!

No comments: