Sunday, October 08, 2006

Back on track?

My long run went well: 20 miles in 2:45 (8:15/mile), although my HR is still too high - 131 bpm - 6bpm higher than the last time I did that route.

My massage therapist has done some great work. After getting shin splint symptoms on Thursday, she gave me a good pummelling on Friday, and despite some bruising which was still sore to touch, I was running pain free for the whole run.

Ever since coming back from Lanzarote my HR has been higher than it should be. I know I've had 6 days rest in the last 2 weeks, but can I lose fitness that quickly?

I have a week's solid training left, before I cutback in the final week. Having already effectively tapered, I reckon I can have a fairly good week of training before easing off in the final week. Is it all a bit late though?

Hopefully it will all come good, but I wish I was seeing HR data that suggested I was on for 3:15!

No comments: