Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekly summary - 9 weeks to go

Some problems early in the week with anterior compartment problems (I'm now more convinced than ever of this, despite a formal diagnosis), and then just as things seemed to be going better I take the skin off my hands. It hurts! It's at the stage now where it dries over and then cracks. It's just a patch, of slightly bigger than one centimeter square, missing from each palm near the wrist, plus various other minor abrasions - not too bad really. I felt really tired the day after the fall, but soon recovered. My Saturday run went really well, as I've already documented.

So a lighter week than the schedule demanded, but necessary to let my legs recover. I think if I'd been a bit more diligent about massaging and stretching my shins, then I wouldn't have had the problems - a lesson learnt!

Next week is a 'Recovery Week' according to the schedule. 'Only' 59 miles, and 3 sessions of faster running and speedwork - their idea of recovery appears to be to drop the mileage by 10% and increase the intensity - not sure how my legs will cope, but I'll give it a go.

MondayRest Massage - sore ankle
Tuesday3 milesGentle test run in park 
Wednesday5 milesSlow runLeg felt fine but I fell!
Thursday10.7 milesslow runBit tired!
Friday6 milesEasy recoveryV humid - felt uncomfortably warm
Saturday15 miles12 miles at marathon paceFelt good!
SundayRest  
Total39.7 miles  

No comments: