Sunday, August 21, 2005

Seventy!

I did it! My biggest ever weekly mileage!

Despite my fears about how tough it would feel, it actually went really well. I've come out of a few weeks feeling fatigued and perhaps not running my best, to feeling really on top of things.

After my first double, my longest mid-week run, came my longest ever training run yesterday - 22 miles. I ran to our club barbeque in the Queen Elizabeth Country Park - the same destination as the Tuesday night run. Run profile: 22 miles, 600ft climbingIt's a mere 15 miles from home, so I took the scenic route via the birthplace of cricket - Broadhalfpenny Down near Hambledon. I was a little late leaving due to a bicycle puncture en route to dropping off food and clothing at my friends house beforehand (my long runs always have some drama!), making the run a little warmer than I'd have liked. I arrived at the barbie 20 miles later, and bemused my friends with a "can't stop - only done 20 miles - I'll see you in 20 minutes". Apart from the heat, the other feature of the run was the gradient - a relentless climb of 600ft. Here's the profile.

My calves a bit tight today, probably due to the hills, but it's going well. Bring it on!

Monday10 miles6miles am, 4 miles pmMy first double!
Tuesday15.3 milesSlow runLovely run through QE forest
Wednesday5 milesSlow recovery run 
Thursday12.2 milesTempo run: middle 7 at half marathon paceHeld pace quite well despite the heat
Friday5.5 milesEasy recovery 
Saturday22 milesSlow runRan to club barbie - hot, but felt good!
Sunday0 milesGym session - X-trainer, row, weights, cycle 
Total70 miles  

2 comments:

beanz said...

some climb!

Anonymous said...

Things seem to be coming together in training for you, Susie. That's great!
Hope you manage keep out of trouble for the next few weeks (touched wood while typing this :-) and reap the rewards in Cardiff...