Saturday, August 27, 2005

Universal Soldier

Each Saturday I do my long run, and each Saturday, often wearing athletic kit, I go into my local Tesco Express and buy 2 or 3 bags of ice. The staff have cottoned on to my routine. Today the young guy behind the checkout said "Are you some kind of Universal Soldier?". I explained that yes, I suppose I was, and explained about my ice baths. Very funny.





Of course, for those of you who have never seen the film Universal Soldier, that anecdote will mean absolutely nothing. Fortunately, I am a fan of the man Barry Norman once called J-C V-D, Belgium's finest actor, the man with the most talented muscles in Brussels, Jean-Claude Van Damme. If you've never seen the film, it's your loss. Do you really need me to explain?





Well OK, he has a hyped up metabolism (re-animated tissue and all that) and has to be kept chilled when not in action. Go on treat yourself. It has Dolph Lundgren too. What more could you want?

1 comment:

beanz said...

I've always wondered where people got the ice from - no excuses now for just a cold water bath!