Sunday, August 14, 2005

Weekly summary - 8 weeks to go

A recovery week according to the schedule, but I knew it would be tough, as it featured 3 hard sessions straight after last weekend's hard 15-miler. Monday and Tuesday were particularly tough as that is the first time I've done 2 hard runs back to back; I count anything greater than 80% of maximum HR as hard. It left me feeling quite tired on Thursday for our club handicap race, which I'd hoped to run quicker but ran at marathon pace, with HR well under control, despite the heat. A late evening 8-mile recovery run followed by an early morning 15-miler made the long run seem harder than I'd hoped, but it went OK without incident.

All in all a pretty controlled week. Job done.

An all time high 70 miles due next week. I hope I'm posting a positive report in 7 days time!

Monday9 milesSteady run 80%maxHREarly morning run, evening massage
Tuesday9 miles6x600m @ 7:15/mile 5k paceWarm but kept the pace going - tough but fun
Wednesday6 milesSlow run 
Thursday10.8 miles7.65 mile club handicap 63:13 8:15/mile + warm up/downQuite tired, but kept an even pace
Friday7.8 milesEasy recovery 
Saturday15 milesSlow runTougher than I thought it would be (and warmer)
Sunday0 milesGym session - X-trainer, row, weights, cycle 
Total57.6 miles  

No comments: