Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Weekly summary - 6 weeks to go

A good week, and well on top of the mileage. Mind you I feel a touch tired now after the bank holiday - late nights, long walks, and serious shopping - not conducive to good recovery!

The highlight of the week was our club handicap race. 27:00 - a PB by over a minute and a half. Allowing for the gates and footbridges we cross, that is around 7:10/mile. Very pleased with my progress! The down side though was the worst stitch I've ever had. As I pushed on in the last mile to try to overtake the last of the people ahead of me, the stitch hit hard. I was in agony as I crossed the line. I finished second - I couldn't quite catch the runner ahead of me. My handicap will now get increased, so next month I'll be starting much later - I don't think I will be finishing second!

Next week was supposed to be another 70 mile week, but I took the bank holiday as a rest day - sometimes life has to take over from running!

Monday8.7 milesincluded 5x600m @ 7:15/mile 5k paceLunchtime run - rain, lovely!, evening massage
Tuesday14 milesSlow run but hillyBit tired
Wednesday10 miles6 miles +6*100m sprints am, 4 miles pm 
Thursday5.2 miles3.65 mile club handicap 27:00 + warm up/downTerrible stitch! Good pace despite gates and footbridges (and stitch) - felt good though
Friday6 milesEasy recovery 
Saturday18 milesSlow run 9:16/mile 71%maxHRGood pace despite being quite warm
Sunday0 milesGym session - X-trainer, row, weights, cyclealso 6 mile walk
Total61.9 miles  

No comments: