Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Weekly summary - 16 weeks to go

After my fun (and fast!) intervals on Tuesday, I did our club short handicap race on Thursday at little more than tempo pace, but got a PB by 30secs - 3.65miles over 2 footbridges and through 3 gates in 26:34. I got into a mega sprint with Dave M, who had started behind me and was catching me in the last 100m - I was awarded it (it was close!) and got 5th - great fun!

I'm not sure I want to make a habit of rising at 5:30am for a Saturday long run, but I did it, and made my piano lesson on time. I confess that my 4 miles in the evening (the 'shag run') was during the England v Portugal match - streets and beach to myself - lovely!

Sunday was possibly going to be a short breakfast run with the club, but when work intervened and kept me on my computer in a sweltering hot house for 5 hours, I decided rest was in order. This was the first rest day in over a month, so maybe I needed it. It was probably the best prep for the 5000m on Monday night, and with hindsight seemed to do me good!

I'll cut the mileage back slightly this week, before pushing up to 80 miles in my 2-week break.

Monday5 milesEasy run 
Tuesday10.8 milesam: 4.2 miles easy pm: Intervals 10*300m, 5*100mFun!
Wednesday7.7 milespm: Easy run 9:10/mile 114bpm 
Thursday10.2 milesam: 4 miles easy pm:6.2 miles 3.65 mile club handicap race 144bpm 83%MaxHRRan a PB 26:34 at tempo effort initially. Got into a death sprint with Dave M - pipped him on the line!
Friday10.3 milesam: 4 miles easy pm: 6.3 miles easy 112bpm 
Saturday19 milesam: 15 miles steady 116bpm 8:57/mile pm:4 miles easyGot up at 5:30am to get my long run in before my piano lesson. Difficult to get the pace up at first but got my dignity back with some 8:30 miles to finish
SundayRest First rest for a month!
Total63 miles  

No comments: