Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Weekly summary - 14 weeks to go

A pretty good week culminating in the 3000m and 1500m tracks races on Saturday. I then did a long run on Sunday feeling great, so I'm pleased I can do the race/long run combo.

I was reminded how much I need my sleep though earlier in the week. On Tuesday night I worked until 1am and so lost 3½ hours sleep - I was wrecked on Wednesday. I caught up a bit of sleep, but by Thursday and the club handicap race I wasn't able to push hard - I had nothing. Even so, my pace was pretty good and I knocked a minute off my PB, all without even getting up to marathon effort.

Fortunately I recovered well by Saturday, so didn't disgrace myself on the track.

Boy it's hot!

Monday5.5 milesEasy run 
Tuesday10.7 milesam: 4.2 miles easy pm: 6.5 miles club run 7:46/mile 136bpmTired - couldn't get my HR up
Wednesday10.8 milesam: 4.8 miles easy pm: 6 miles easyWell below par after working till 1am previous night/morning
Thursday13.5 milesam: 4 miles pm: 9.5 miles Club 7.5mile handicap race 7:50/mile 134bpmRan as hard as i could but couldn't get my HR up to even mara pace - fatigue!
Friday5 milesEasy run 9:23 108bpm 
Saturday6 milesSouthern Women's League Div 1 Dagenham 
Sunday17.2 miles8:52/mile 119bpm 69%MHRRan 8 miles slow to join regular Sunday club run - ran shuttle runs back and forth to club mates, to add distance
Total68.7 miles  

No comments: