Sunday, July 30, 2006

Crystal Palace Grand Prix

I had a fantastic weekend away in London training with my Serpentine friends.

First up on Friday evening though was the Crystal Palace Grand Prix event. We had fantastic seats right by the 100m start - perfect for autograph hunting by a certain junior member of the party. Wonderful weather too!

I hope some of the wealth of talent on display rubs off on me. I wouldn't go far wrong learning from these 3: Berhane Adere, Tirunesh Dibaba and Jo Pavey.
Pavey, Dibaba, Adere

After today's shocking news of Justin Gatlin's doping failure, perhaps it's just as well we didn't have the big showdown against Asafa Powell. Here is Powell with some of his rather individual friends:
Asafa Powell and friends

And here's someone who I hope and pray is clean: Marion Jones
Marion Jones

A great evening's entertainment!

No comments: