Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Weekly summary - 7 weeks to go

I'm very pleased with how my slow pace is improving. Sunday's run was over Portsdown Hill, but my average pace was still about the best it's been for such a low HR. The Thursday intervals were my fastest ever, yet my heart rate never rose above 85% (149bpm) - way below lactate threshold.

I was a little tired after the Sunday run, and tired yesterday, but after a good night's sleep last night (Monday), I feel good. I had some aching in my medial soleus last week, but it seems OK now.

It's all looking pretty good!

Big test next week in the Mad March Hare 20 where I'll be testing out my pace at marathon effort - 83%MHR. The plan is to run easy for the first 5 miles, then lift my pace, or rather effort, to marathon pace and hold it to the end. Hopefully this won't take too much out of me.

MondayRest  
Tuesday8.1 milesClub run typically 8:00/mile 80%MHR 
Wednesday7 milesEasy run 64%MHRDropped my usual 15-miler as it's a recovery week
Thursday10.8 milesa.m. 5 miles easy, p.m. 5.8 miles 400m reps interval sessionEfforts typically 6:50/mile max HR 85%MHR, recovery 158m ~50s
Friday10 milesEasy pace 64%MHR 
Saturday5 milesEasy recovery 65%MHR 113bpm 8:57Good pace for such a low HR
Sunday16 miles8:44/mile 72%MHR including 300ft climbVery pleased with the pace - fastest yet for a low HR long run
Total56.9 miles  

No comments: