Friday, February 03, 2006

Hills and pollution

Running is a very environmentally friendly sport.

Except when you get in your car to drive somewhere just to go running that is!

Club runs aside, all my runs are normally done from home or work. Straight out of the door, run, and return back to the warmth of a shower. It has always seemed somehow wrong to get in the car and drive to a training run.

I felt the need for hills this evening. There are no hills within 5 miles of the house. This hasn't been a problem, as lately I've been incorporating the local hill into my long runs. Tonight though I wanted to do 12 miles and lots of gradient, so I drove to the top of the hill and did a double circuit up and down.

Here's the profile:
Run profile 3rd Feb 2006

I'm getting to like these hills! 9:07 pace 120bpm average (69% maxHR) - it all felt very relaxed. The training is going well!

No comments: