Sunday, January 23, 2005

Weekly summary

A week of ups and downs, as you can tell from my previous posts. After an awful start to the week, I recovered well to have a good interval session, gym session, and long run. The long run was my longest yet and it felt comfortable! Unlike last week my legs felt strong right to the end, although I had a few tweaks on the outside of my left ankle due to what I think is a tight peroneus longus.

A very good week!
MondayRest  
Tuesday9 milesSteady run at 80%maxHRBit tired at the end
Wednesday6.9 milesEasy recovery 67%maxHRFelt dreadful!
Thursday6.8 miles1.1mile repsFelt great!!
Friday7 milesEasy 68%maxHR 
Saturday6 milesGym session 2miles+4milesTreadmill /rowing/weights/ treadmill
Sunday16 miles9:48/mile 123bpm ave 71%maxHRUndulating and chatting so slower than last week
Total 51.6 miles


Next week I may add some quality to the long run - a few marathon pace miles towards the end. Other than that, maybe add a mile or 2 to the weekly mileage. It's getting tricky to see how to add to the mileage, due to time pressures, but I'll try to get more quality miles in my club session, which unfortunately means running on my own at the end while the others get changed!

No comments: