Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Does my foot look chav in this?

I have a lovely black patent leather handbag (you runners out there, particularly the men, stick with me for a moment). It was a Christmas present a year ago from my Aunt. I really like it. Trouble is, amazingly, I would not be allowed into certain nightclubs with it. You see it has a slender strip of beige tartan cut into each side of it. This makes it Burberry, but far, far worse still Faux Burberry!

In some people's eyes this makes me a touch chav. What worries me though, is the thought that in some people's eyes I might be a touch chav!

(If the more sheltered among you are wondering at this point what chav, or a chav, is then I refer you to this site.)

Well, just as I was getting comfortable with my level of chavness (I think I made that word up - my dictionary hasn't caught up with the 21st century yet), an attack was launched on the Nike ID site, by a thread on the Runner's World forum. (Now we see where running comes in!) It was suggested that wearing shoes customised in your own colours with your name embroidered on the side smacked a bit of chavishness(apologies again). This was just after I'd already gone to the aforementioned site, and ordered a pair of Air Pegasus in my club colours to match the rest of my racing 'outfit'.

Well they arrived just in time for Xmas (well done Nike!), and I'm once again uncertain as to my level of chavosity (ditto). Am I sporting a stylish pair of shoes which help me stand out from the crowd? Or am I really just a closet chavette?

Nike Air Chav
Comments, as ever, welcome!

1 comment:

Windsurfin' Susie said...

Cheers steaders. Nice to be appreciated.