Sunday, January 16, 2005

Weekly summary

My first full 50 mile week!

MondayRest   
Tuesday9 milesEasy 115bpm 66%MHRRecovering from Sunday's race
Wednesday7 milesEasy 120bpm 69%MHR 
Thursday6.6 miles2 2-mile reps @83%MHR 8:00/mile Running very comfortably!
Friday6.7 milesEasy 119bpm 68%MHR 
Saturday6 milesGym session 2miles+4miles on treadierowing and weights between treadie sessions
Sunday15 miles121bpm ave 70%MHR 9:30/mile aveFastest pace yet for a slow run!
Total50.3 miles

I don't feel comfortable at this mileage yet, although having never done this sort of mileage before, have I any right to expect to feel 'comfortable'? I'll keep the mileage stable next week as I have a Tuesday work session which I missed out this week. If I can get to the stage where my 15-miler feels comfortable, then I'll add a bit of quality to it - a few marathon pace miles in the middle or towards the end.

No comments: