Thursday, March 01, 2007

Weekly summary - 8 weeks to go

That's better! I'm starting to feel more like my old self with some decent mileage. I still seem to be clearing my throat regularly and coughing up gunk, but the symptoms are very mild. I had a blip on Thursday when it felt like my throat was getting sore again, but it didn't amount to anything. Maybe when I'm sore from gym work or running it kicks my immune system? I've often wondered whether muscle damage is treated by the body like an infection and causes the glands to swell - I've experienced similar symptoms before when tired, thinking I'm coming down with something, and then felt fine the following day. Whatever the case, the panic is over.

As I write this, I've take some time off work and am doing a week of hard training to kick start the campaign. I seem to be back on track. Fingers crossed I'll have recovered my former pace in time for London and can have my first proper crack at 3:15!

Monday4.5 milesEasy run coaching the beginners 
Tuesday10 milesam: 3.5miles easy pm:6.5 tempo run 2 x 2-mile with 3min jog recover. miles: 7:25 131bpm, 7:22 143, 3mins, 7:15 147bpm, 7:17 150bpmFelt good! Well paced - not my fastest, but well on the road to recovery
Wednesday10.7 milesam:Gym sesh with 2miles treadmill pm: 8.7miles easy 119bpm 8:54/mile 
Thursday5.5milespm: jogged the club session Throat felt a bit iffy, but turned out OK
Friday6.4 milesam: Gym assessment with trainer pm: 5.8 miles easy  
Saturday6 milesam: easy 6 miles 114bpm 9:14/mile 
Sunday20 milesBramley 20: Steady run 2:53:03 8:39/mile 127bpm 
Total63.1 miles  

No comments: