Monday, February 07, 2005

Weekly summary - 11 weeks to go

Another tough week, probably not helped by doing so few road miles last week. Having felt great mid week, my Sunday run was torture! I was worried that tightness in my calves might cause the same injury problems of 2 weeks ago. In the end, having massaged my calves and warmed up properly, they weren't a problem, but I was not on form. Any thoughts of maybe adding a few faster miles in the middle were gone after only a few miles. I'm wondering if the Saturday gym session is too much, but I keep my HR down and the weights are light high reps. It hasn't been a problem in the past. Hopefully I will feel better next week! I'm still waiting for the 50 mile week that leaves me feeling good and wanting more!
MondayRest  
Tuesday8.1 miles<82%MHRBit tired
Wednesday6.8 milesEasy 69%MHRFelt good!
Thursday7.1 milesSteady pace run @80%MHR for whole runFelt good - some miles at 8:00/mile !
Friday7 milesEasy 68%MHRFelt good
Saturday6 milesGym session 2+4mile tready with row+weights in middleSome tightness in calves
Sunday15 miles68%MHR 119bpm aveReally tired! Legs OK though
Total50 miles


More of the same next week. I need to do some extra miles for the long run, to build to my first 20 miler at Bramley the following Sunday. My mileage may well hit an all time high. Hope I can take it!

No comments: