Monday, February 14, 2005

Weekly summary - 10 weeks to go

The summary this week features an a.m. column and p.m. column as I did my first double! I did a gym session in the morning and a work interval session in the evening. I've moved the weights from my normal Saturday to Thursday morning, in an effort to make Saturday a lighter session and leave me fresher for Sunday. It seems to work! My 18 miler was much more enjoyable than last week's 15 miler, despite the weather going through all 4 seasons during the 3 hours.

DayMilesa.m.p.m.Comment
MondayRest   
Tuesday9 Steady run 81%MHR 141bpm 
Wednesday7 Easy recovery run 
Thursday7Gym sesh - row+weights5 1-mile repsFirst 'double'
Friday7 Easy recovery run 
Saturday7Gym: 3+4 tready, 15mins bike  
Sunday18Slow run 70%maxHR Felt much better than last week!
Total55 miles


Next week I have my first 20 miler at the Bramley 20. I shall be doing it slowly. I shall also try another drift test on Tuesday - hope my legs are fresh! I'm concerned that I may have lost a little speed lately due to the workload. I'm running my long runs at a much lower heart rate than last year. While this leaves me fresher, I'm starting to feel nervous about running 26 miles at a much faster speed, in fact at my 10k pace of a year ago. For this reason I will try to add some quality miles to my long runs after Bramley, and maybe run the Christchurch 20 at close to marathon speed. I need to be careful here as I've regretted running 20s too fast in past years with it not leaving me enough time to recover. However Christchurch is 6 weeks before London, so not too much of a risk. I'll try to take advice on pacing.

No comments: