Sunday, June 29, 2008

Southern Women's League Walton

These league matches can be a long day, but I decided to catch the coach up to Walton with the team, rather than driving up on my own as I did last time. It was a fun day out in some gorgeous weather.

My job was to run the 3000m as the B-string runner, duly completing it in 11:55.9 and getting a 2nd place and some useful points for our 2nd place match result. It turned into a bit of a time trial, as the lead pack of A-runners disappeared into the distance (well, 100m in the distance anyway), leaving me on my own for most of the 7.5 laps with no one to pace off. It was a bit windy down the home straight, adding to my pacing problems. I started on PB pace but lost it after 3 laps before recovering my pace on the last lap. I was 13 secs off PB, but I was left feeling that a track PB of some sort is still possible this season given the right race.

Our A-string runner Bev was then called up to do the 1500m a short while later, an honour I had 2 seasons ago, which I'm not keen on repeating!

She looked strong but it was quite an effort. Well done Bev.

Unusually there was also a men's match on at the same time. It didn't feature our men, but I did spot some familiar faces from my online contacts.

 
We never run steeplechase, but the men got the chance to cool off in the hot conditions. It looked fun!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: