Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weekly summary - 9 weeks to go

Another interruption to my training with a week off due to sinusitis. There was some horrible stuff coming out of my painful eyes! With hindsight maybe I could have avoided all this by resting longer the first time around and not doing the Ryde 10 and the Southern Cross Country, but it's a bit late now. At least I scored the club some useful points!

It's been 4½ weeks since onset of symptoms and my throat is still slightly gunged up, however I'm definitely on the mend now. A few more days and I should finally be clear of the bug. Fingers crossed!

I'll try to ramp up the mileage now as best I can, and hopefully get back on track for London in a few weeks. Hopefully I can still put in a reasonable performance.

Bramley 20 next week, followed by the Mad March Hare 20 the following week. I should hopefully be OK for both now, but will be taking them very easy!

Monday 5th Feb3 miles3 miles easy coaching my beginners groupFeeling rough again!
Tuesday0 miles 
Wednesday0 miles Sinusitis! On antibiotics
Thursday0 miles   
Friday0 miles   
Saturday0 miles  
Sunday0 miles So much wanted to do a long run but still feeling tired
Total3 miles


Monday 12th Feb3 milesHill session with beginners groupFeeling better
Tuesday6.1 milesVery easy club run
Wednesday6.6 milesEasy runA little bit tired but OK. Did some weights afterwards
Thursday5.5 milesSteady club run 8:44/mile 125bpm
Friday6.6 mileseasy run
Saturday4 milesEarly morning easy runWas going to go to the gym in the evening but felt tired and changed my mind
Sunday15 milesFirst 6 miles on road 8:48/mile 125bpm followed by 9 offroadFelt tired afterwards but pleased that the run went well
Total46.8 miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

3 miles in a week must be a record low for you!!

Not far off normal for me!