Sunday, February 04, 2007

Southern Vets Cross Country 2006

A beautiful day for a bit of cross country, so we made the trip to the wonderfully named Mad Bess Woods in Ruislip for the SEAA veterans cross country championships.

First up the boys in the over-50s (I guess that makes them quite mature 'boys').
Here's 2 I found in a tree:
Boys in a tree
Pete led them home:
Pete
followed by Graham:
Graham
and John:
John
Next up were the girls, also proud tree-huggers:
Girls in a tree
Here's Amanda:
Amanda
Marilyn:
Marilyn
and Belinda:
Belinda
and at the poorly named finish line, the team:
The team
I have no idea how we got on, as the results haven't been posted yet, but any fears of finishing at the rear of the field proved unfounded so I suspect we represented the club well.

I ran OK, leading the girls home, but I think the effects of the virus are still there. Pete commented how I didn't appear to be moving freely at the end. Pete's a good observer, the mark of a good coach, and his comments are significant. I hope I get my 'mojo' back soon. Another week of gentle running is needed I think.

(Yes I know a hilly 10-mile race followed by a hard-run cross country isn't exactly easy running, but I promise to take a bit easier next week!)

No comments: