Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Weekly summary - 15 weeks to go

I guess I'd better start the weekly summaries now that I'm back on track. I suppose it would also be useful to see my runs summarised for my comeback from injury - maybe later.

I'm still strapping my leg, but I managed to only strap 3 times last week, although my leg felt a bit iffy after the XC and 2 days of not strapping. I think I need to strap for the long run for another week or 2, but I'm just about there now.

I dropped a gym session on Friday as I was feeling quite tired and didn't want to do the XC feeling heavy legged. The gym sessions have had quite a negative impact on my energy levels - they're tough! I'm definitely seeing strength improvements though, and I seem to be a better hill runner now, maybe as a result.

Monday6.3 mileseasy run round Shropshire lanesNew Years's day - no hangover!!
Tuesday7.6 milesam: 1.5 miles treadie + weights pm: club winter handicap 5km in 22:56, ran as tempo run 
Wednesday7.8 milessteady run 118bpm 8:58/milevery windy - struggled after half way running back into the wind
Thursday6 milessteady 126bpm 8:21/mileclub fartlek session run steady
Friday4 milesRan Garmin course as a fitness test 9:00/mile 114bpmEncouraging - not the best ever, but a good indication I'm getting back to pre-Abingdon fitness. I follow the 'virtual me' at an easy 9:00/mile on a course round my home streets and the lower the resulting HR the better
Saturday7.3 milesHants XC championships 3rd F45Good pace 7:33/mile 150bpm in mud
Sunday16.4 miles2hrs29 9:07/mile 119bpm hillyUp at 6am to run to join the club for their 8-miler. Felt surprisingly good after XC (soft ground saves the legs?)
Total55.4 miles  

No comments: