Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Weekly summary - 9 weeks to go

This week was spent taking it fairly easy after the 28 miles last Sunday.

It didn't get off to the best of starts Sunday evening though, when I had a bad bout of sickness & diarrhea. It seemed to be a 24-hour wonder though, as by Tuesday morning I was feeling fine. Maybe it was the chicken panini I had in Salisbury?

I was feeling great by the end of the week so was starting to pick the speed of my evening runs up a bit. My heart rates have been getting lower and lower lately and I'm probably running most of my runs too easily: Thursday morning was only 103bpm, 60%max, and many of my evening runs haven't been much faster. I've resolved to try to keep my evening runs 'steady' and pick up the pace a bit to get my heart rate nearer 70-75% of max, 120-130bpm . The pace is getting up towards 8:00/mile but because it takes a while for my HR to rise, then for short runs I'm still only averaging 115bpm. Nice to know I need to train faster after years of trying to train slower!

I've already written about the Everton 10k. I'm pleased with the result in context of the high mileage.

Next week I have my first marathon pace test of this campaign - looking forward to the results - then on Sunday I'm running our 22 mile club relay race solo - should be an interesting week.
MondayRest Tummy trouble!
Tuesday10 milesam:4.3 miles easy pm:5.7 miles easy club run 
Wednesday15.3 milesam:4 miles easy pm: 11.3 miles steady 8:30/mile 117bpmWould have been quicker, but met some friends and ran the last few miles with them
Thursday9.9 milesam: 4.5 miles easy 103bpm!!pm: 5.4 miles steady club session 8:16/mile 117bpmAvoided the hill session and ran steady on my own
Friday12.5 milesam: 5 easy pm: 7.5 steady 8:21 115bpmTrying to keep HR up
Saturday7.5 milesSteady run 8:31/mile 113bpmFeeling good
Sunday10.3 milesEverton 10k plus warm up/down42:04 3rd lady, 1st W40 ave HR 152bpm
Total65.5 miles  

No comments: