Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekly summary - 3 weeks to go

3 weeks to go! The last really long run has been done and now starts the taper.

As I mentioned previously, this week was a week of paranoia about my ankle. It all turned out well, but perhaps because I paid heed to the warning signs.

The schedule was for 68 miles. I missed half of the double on Tuesday as I had a massage and just didn't have time for a run. I then dropped half a session and missed one entire session. The result: I lost 25 miles!

I suspect I needed the rest!

MondayRest Ankle feeling iffy
Tuesday5 milesSlow runMassage am, run pm
Wednesday5.5 milesAborted speed sessionAnkle started aching as my speed picked up, so aborted session and jogged the rest
ThursdayRest Decided to rest, to ensure ankle recovered
Friday8 milesSteady run pace testAnkle feeling much better
Saturday5 milesGym session: Treadmill, rowing and weightsStill some aching in the ankle!
Sunday20 milesSlow runAnkle fine!
Total43.5 miles  

1 comment:

beanz said...

25 miles ?

pah!

who needs them

much better listening to your body

taper well