Thursday, April 28, 2005

Running towards Boston?

I missed the GFA (Good For Age) qualifying time in London by just 2min 7seconds. I was determined to get that time, so have entered Cardiff on October 9th with the aim of getting my precious 3:45.

Cardiff may be a few days too late to qualify for London 2006. I won't know for definite until the entry forms come out in July (or early August?). So even if I get my 3:45 time, I might still need to get through the ballot and might not be doing London 2006.

But here's a thought:

I've just found out that I've qualified for the Boston Marathon! Boston is the world's oldest marathon. It is an elite race with a qualifying standard to meet. I've met the standard: 3:50 in my case.

So if I fail to get into London, I can have a holiday in Boston and run in a race only a select few get to do. Sorted!

I know Paula wants to add Boston to her list of titles, so I might get to run alongside her (in a manner of speaking)!

ps More Paula news coming soon - there's something I've been itching to tell, but I'm waiting until it's all played out before I blog my news!

3 comments:

beanz said...

wow qualifying for Boston is a bigger thing that GFA for London

Well done you

Leon said...

OK...

..now the suspense is getting too much!!!!!!

..and running in Boston..? Now that sounds like a great option.

:-D

Windsurfin' Susie said...

Still no Paula news. I will blog soon, hopefully!