Monday, March 27, 2006

Weekly summary - 3 weeks to go

Nearly there - no more long runs now.

This was my highest weekly mileage yet. I didn't really set out to do such a high mileage - it kind of just happened. I was certainly tired by the end of the week, but I achieved all the training targets. The Friday speedwork was very tough, and the long run even tougher - my legs felt very tired at the end. My legs appear healthy though - no harm done.

I tried the Brooks T4 Racers during the midweek 14.5-miler. My legs felt fine, but the shoes aren't that comfortable - I got a blister where the insole was rubbing on the side of my foot. If I wear racers in the marathon (still undecided) then it may be the more comfortable Mizuno Idaten.

Next week will be considerably less mileage. I was only going to do a 2-week marathon taper, but as I have the Totton 10k next Sunday I will taper slightly for that. I guess then the marathon taper starts here.

Going well!
Monday4.3 milesEasy, but hilly, recovery 119bpm 69%MHRmassage p.m.
Tuesday12.5 milesam: Easy run 4.5 miles 64%MHR, pm: 8 miles club runStruggled for pace on the club run, but managed 4 miles@7:50/mile for an HR of only 134bpm 77%MHR
Wednesday14.5 milesSlow run 67%MHR 116bpm 9:08/mileRan in the Brooks T4 Racers. Felt OK, but got a blister!
Thursday6.2 milesEasy recoveryJogged the club session
Friday12 milesam:4.5 miles easy, pm:7.5 miles 5*1000m @ 7:45/mile 5k pace, 3 minute jog recoveryRan on GPS - struggled for pace on first few possibly through poor signal
Saturday5 milesEasy pace 8:55/mile 113bpm 65%MHR 
Sunday21.5 milesSteady pace with 2 300ft ascents and long downhills 8:59/mile 125bpm 72%MHR
Total76 miles  

No comments: