Friday, March 03, 2006

Armchair, Bobsleigh, Catford, Doghead

You've got admit it's an unusual title for a blog post!

It's an even odder phrase to heckle a runner with!

I swear this is what I thought I heard 2 young kids chanting at me as I ran past them the other night. They were chanting it in time with my footfalls over and over as I ran past them. Surely I must have misheard them?

Have they been taking classes in surrealism? Have they invented a new version of "Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta"? Were they on something? Whatever the answer, they found it all very amusing.

I remember we had a phrase at school: "Dead fish!". I never understood what it meant, or why it was amusing to shout it at people. Perhaps I was just not one of the in-crowd? Thank God!


I now can't get that chant out of my brain. Surely I misheard them?

5 miles this morning, 6.5 miles plus strides this evening. "Armchair, Bobsleigh, Catford, Doghead". "Armchair, Bobsleigh, Catford, Doghead". "Armchair, Bobsleigh, Catford, Doghead". "Armchair, Bobsleigh, Catford, Doghead"...


Aaagghh!

1 comment:

beanz said...

LOL!

at least they didn't trip you up!