Sunday, October 30, 2005

Beachy Head Marathon

The team, or part of it
The team - some of them anyway
Straight into a climb
Straight into a steep climb at the start - that got the heart rate going!
The piper
The Beachy Head Marathon tradition - the piper
Plodding Hippo
Plodding Hippo on her 27th marathon and 4th in 2 months!
Big views
Some big views from the ridge
Gill and Margaret at checkpoint 1
The support team: Gill and Margaret at checkpoint 1
Alfriston
Alfriston
I can see for miles
A big climb out of Alfriston and the reward at the top
Digimoments
Checkpoint 2 and Digimoments
Tracy arrives at checkpoint 2
Tracy arrives at checkpoint 2 at Bo Peep
On from checkpoint 2
And then it's on again along the ridge
Chalk pit
and again some great views
The white horse
The white horse near Litlington, checkpoint 3
Cuckmere valley
The beautiful Cuckmere valley
Cuckmere haven
A big climb out of the valley for a view of Cuckmere Haven and...
The seven sisters
The Seven Sisters!
A little sister
A little sister - easy running
A big sister
and then a big sister - ouch!

Things were getting serious at this point so I handed my camera over to Gill at the final checkpoint at Birling Gap.

More words to follow...

6 comments:

beanz said...

wow what scenery - I want to do it!!

Anonymous said...

An amazing event! Would recommend to anyone. Be prepared it takes a lot out of you!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are doing the 2008 one, walking it mind not running it!!

thatsawrap said...

Hi - I was just reading your blog, and wondered if you could tell me exactly where that chalk pit is - the one that is pictured from the ridge you ran along.

I'm making a film, and it looks like the ideal location.

Many thanks,

Oliver.

Windsurfin' Susie said...

I think that chalk pit is here

thatsawrap said...

Many thanks. Appreciate it.