Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Weekly summary - 7 weeks to go

Not a bad week, but I maybe left the taper a little late for the half marathon. With the benefit of hindsight, I probably wouldn't have run much quicker anyway, as I would have still gone off at the same pace and would still have been slowed by the hills and wind, so as a compromise I probably got it right.

One slight problem to mar the week: I've been getting bouts of cramp overnight - particularly bad on Wednesday when I was woken up with my right claf in complete spasm. It instantly relaxed when I grabbed my foot and stretched, was OK the following morning, but is a concern. I'd put it down to dehydration: 11 miles without water, then home, eat and straight to bed. Maybe though I am lacking a mineral? My diet should be supplying all the potassium, calcium and magnesium, as I believe I have a very good balanced diet, but maybe I've gone a bit low on salt? I'll be a bit more generous with the salt and pepper on my salads and I'll see how it goes.

A slight cutback next week, ready for my trip to Club La Santa in Lanzarote for my marathon training week - can't wait!
Monday9.3 milesam: 5 miles easy (102bpm!!) pm: 4.3 miles easyCouldn't resist a second run - bank holiday
Tuesday10 milesam:4 miles easy pm:6 miles intervals 10* 1-min hard, 1-min easypaces: 6:41 6:25 6:02 6:27 5:46 6:56 6:06 6:49 6:00 6:48, max HR 140bpm. Running on a slope so alternating uphill/downhill
Wednesday15 milesam:4 miles easy pm: 11 miles steadyFeeling depleted for evening run. Rallied in middle of run, but ran out of steam at end 114bpm ave 8:22/mile
Thursday8.2 milesam: 4.2 miles easy pm: 4 miles jogging club handicap race in reverseFeeling tired
Friday3.8 mileseasy run, but nearly a 1-mile car push!Feeling dog tired during the day, but perked up for friend's wedding reception - congrats Pete and Lesley! Late night, but alcohol free
SaturdayRest 180 mile drive
Sunday15 milesWolverhampton Half Marathon 1:34:47 147bpmDisappointed at first but not bad on such a small taper, given the nature of the course
Total61.3 miles  

No comments: