Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekly summary - 6 weeks to go

My legs were feeling a bit iffy following the half marathon last Sunday. They seemed OK on Monday and Tuesday but by Wednesday were feeling rather tight. I think if Mike hadn't attended the mile reps session on Thursday I might have just jogged it. As it was though, I had a really good session, and my legs were fine afterwards. I often err on the side of caution but in this case I should have had more faith in my ability to take the training.

I'll have to cut back a little next week to make sure I'm fresh for the Lanzarote trip. I'll keep the midweek run to under an hour (I've been doing 90 minutes recently) and take a rest day (!) on Thursday.

Monday4.5 milesam: 4.5 miles easy 114bpm  
Tuesday5.3 milespm: very easy club run jogging at the back 
Wednesday11 milesam:4 miles easy pm: 7 miles steady 118bpm 8:23/mileLegs feeling a bit sore
Thursday11.3 milesam: 4 miles easy pm: 7.3 miles 4*1-mile at 5k pace 3min recoverytimes: 6:40 6:42 6:30 6:36 max HR 158bpm. Did session with Mike Gratton
Friday11 milesam: 4 miles easy pm: 7 miles 8:15/mile 115bpmFelt good - legs feeling better after some soreness following the half mara
Saturday7 mileseasy run 
Sunday20 miles8:15/mile 125bpm 72%maxHRSurprisingly warm. Felt good
Total70.1 miles  

No comments: