Friday, April 14, 2006

Weekly summary - 3 days to go

Well my plan to put my body clock back, halfway to Boston time, has backfired. I've had the last 2 days off work. The idea was to have a few late nights and get up a few hours later, so that I was closer to Boston time, thereby minimising jet-lag effects. The result, unfortunately, was that I still got up at close to my normal time, meaning I've had a few less hours sleep over the last 2 days! Last night I did my packing and went to bed late, getting to sleep after midnight, but by 6:30am I was awake - 2 hours less sleep than I'd normally have. So here I sit at 7 in the morning typing at a PC. The best laid plans...

I've loved all the messages wishing me well. I've had loads of emails and forum postings. I marshalled our club handicap race last night; afterwards coach Pete made an announcement wishing me well. It's all very appreciated. Thankyou everyone!

Well I guess I'm going to be leaving for Heathrow a little earlier than planned. I'm not sure if I'll be able to log on easily in Boston, so bye for now!


MondayRest Massage p.m.
Tuesday7.5 milesRecce of new long handicap course 115bpmReally cold and windy. Very slippery underfoot, but no mishaps!
Wednesday5.3 miles10*200m at 6:55ish 10k pace 200m jog recovery. Max HR 137bpm on 3 of the intervalsFinally got to wear shorts and T-shirt!
Thursday5 milesEasy paced 117bpmWarm in the sunshine - wore shorts for the 2nd day in a row (!), but boy was it windy!
FridayRestTravel to Boston  
Saturday5 miles (planned) 
SundayRest  
Total22.8 miles  

1 comment:

beanz said...

I thought it was next weekend - so droppped into say have a great time!

Hope you did!