Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Weekly summary - 1 week to go

1 week to go, or rather 4.5 days as I write this!

I've been running at the peak of my fitness - best ever! This is the best preparation I've ever had for a marathon. The only trouble is I've been completely paranoid the last couple of days, convinced I've got a sore throat - the sore throat seems to get better instantly the moment I leave work for home. Stress? I have been working very hard lately, and letting it get to me. I'm settling down now though and getting back on top of things. Just a few more days to stay healthy!

MondayRest Massage
Tuesday8 milesSteady run 80%MHR-ishFelt great!
Wednesday5.2 milesEasy recovery 
Thursday7.5 milesRan the club handicap race as 3 (and a bit) 1-mile repsFastest reps ever - kept overtaking the other (fast) runners!
FridayRest Hadn't intended a rest, but work got in the way!
Saturday7 milesmiddle 5 at marathon pace 8:00/mile 141bpm 81%MHR 
Sunday13 milesSlow run 9:06/mile 123bpm 71%MHRFastest ever 'slow' pace
Total40.7 miles  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking strong Susie!
Hope you can keep work pressure away for the remainder of the week and try to relax towards the race.

Good luck!

beanz said...

Enjoy your taper and the race.

Watch out for stray dogs ;>)

Good Luck!