Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bells of Pattingham run

This was a week ago but I've only just got the result: 65:17 (just over 7 miles).

The weather was great - a beautiful sunny day. I'd intended to run it really easy, as it was only a week after Cardiff. In fact I felt quite good and ran a lot quicker than intended - 3 minutes faster than I've ever run it before in fact! Maybe this was a bit silly though, as I've felt quite tired this week.

Still, I got my horse brass for finishing so have kept up the complete set. I've been telling people that I "had to do it" because between me and my family we have the complete set going back to 1990, when the first run was held. In fact this isn't quite true as we are missing 1999, I now discover!!

Being my home village, this is one of the few races where I can walk from the door to the start line, so I have to do it really!

I wasn't running too hard though, and was relaxed enough to stop just before the finish line to allow time for my Aunt to get my camera ready! This was the result:
Bells of Pattingham 2005
Audio soundtrack: "Come on, hurry up! I'm doing a race here!"

1 comment:

beanz said...

a greta result then - follow on benefit of the training