Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Closing the circle

It seems this year's London marathon was the perfect race after all! Let me explain.

My training started back in November 2004 with the following:
To Sue, Good luck in London 2005, Paula Radcliffe
Signed at her book signing in London, and blogged here.

Well, after that, how could I fail to do well in London!

In London, despite missing my target qualifying time by 2 minutes, I was delighted with my 3:47:07, particularly after some late illness problems.

Things got better though! The following day I learned that I'd won first prize in the www.paularadcliffe.com competition! Today I received my prize:
To Sue, Congrats on your 3:47:07 in London. Best Wishes, Paula Radcliffe 2:17:42 17/4/05
and to make sure you can read that:
To Sue, Congrats on your 3:47:07 in London. Best Wishes, Paula Radcliffe 2:17:42 17/4/05

That'll make a nice display, framed with my certificate, medal, and finish photos of myself and Paula.

The perfect end to a perfect marathon!

2 comments:

beanz said...

wow!

what a momento!

b-z said...

looks great!